The Fort Washington Fire Company is a 100% volunteer organization
and is always seeking new members.
- Junior Members - Age 16-17. Go through regular training and provide fire ground support functions, but are not permitted to operate in hazardous environments until they reach the age of 18.
- Firefighters - Age 18 and up. Respond to fire calls and undergo extensive training at one of the local fire academies as well as in-house training through the fire company. Firefighters are broken up into 2 separate categories.
- Interior Firefighters – Qualified to wear SCBA and perform interior firefighting
- Exterior Firefighters – Performs exterior firefighting duties
- Fire Police - Age 18 and up. Provide traffic control and crowd control at emergency scenes as well as special events such as parades and carnivals.
- Associate Members. Provide administrative support to the fire company. These functions include, but are not limited to, accounting, computer networking and programming, project and facility management, etc.
- Members – Age 18 and up. Assist the Fort Washington Fire Company, and to promote sociability among members and contribute in all matters pertaining to the financial welfare and general well being of the fire company.
Members of the Fort Washington Fire Company are eligible for many benefits including:
- Free Training
- Free Uniforms
- Access to the fire company fitness center
- Life Insurance up to $100,000 (Firefighters and Fire Police only)
- FWFC Social Events
- The knowledge that you are prepared and equipped to help your neighbors
Being a member of the Fort Washington Fire Company is a tremendous experience and we welcome you to contact us through one of the below means.